About UsEntegra Bank Corporate Center
14 One Center Court
Franklin, NC 28734
Entegra Bank’s roots go back to 1922. Formerly Macon Bank, the institution has a 96 year tradition as a reliable, independent community banking resource to the families and businesses in our communities. Unlike many other banks, Entegra Bank’s management, staff and directors are members of the communities we serve. The people working on your account are very likely to be your neighbors and friends. Our banking decisions consider not only the bank’s interests, but also the interests of our customers and our communities.
Our bank began in 1922 with one small building in Macon County, North Carolina. Today we operate 18 full-service branches and three Loan Production offices in Brevard, Cashiers, Columbus, Hendersonville, Highlands, Franklin, Saluda, Sylva, Murphy and Waynesville in Southwestern North Carolina and Anderson, Chesnee and Greenville in Upstate South Carolina and Jasper, Duluth and Gainesville in North Georgia.
The Bank’s corporate headquarters overlooks the Franklin area from a site on a ridge to the east of US Highway 441. The 36,000 square foot building houses the corporate offices, loan processing and a training facility.
To be a community bank that consistently exceeds the expectations of the customers and communities we serve by building relationships and providing quality banking services and products.
The Corporation’s stock is traded on the Nasdaq National Market System under the symbol of ENFC. Learn more about Entegra Financial Corp. at our investor relations website .
Entegra Bank Board of Directors
Mr. Roger Plemens
Director, President of Entegra Financial Corp.
Director, President & CEO of Entegra Bank, Inc.
Mr. Jim Garner
Insurance Agent with Wayah Insurance
Mr. Fred Jones
Attorney with Jones, Key, Melvin & Patton
Mr. Ronald Beale
General Contractor, Beale Construction, Inc.
Ms. Beverly Mason
Owner/Broker of Lamplighter Realty, Inc.
Dr. Adam Burrell
Physician, Burrell Family and Obstetrical Care, P.A.
Dr. Louis E. Buck, Jr.
Mr. Chuck Edwards
Owner/Operator McDonalds Restaurants
Mr. R. Matt Dunbar
Managing Director of the Upstate Carolina Angel Network
Mr. Craig Fowler
Chief Information Officer at Western Carolina University
Mr. Doug Kroske
Entegra Bank Executive Management
President & Chief Executive Officer
Executive Vice President & Chief Retail Officer
Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer
Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
Executive Vice President & Chief Risk Officer
Executive Vice President & Chief Credit Administration Officer
Executive Vice President & Chief Lending Officer
During the summer of 1922, a young Franklin, North Carolina attorney, Gilmer A. Jones, had the idea of organizing a building and loan association. It was to have a long-term impact on the progress in Macon County. He recognized an urgent need for an institution offering citizens an opportunity to become homeowners, and a depository that would pay a good rate of interest on individual savings in Macon County. The Franklin Press dated August 25, 1922, stated: “An organization that is destined to do more for the upbuilding of our town than anything that has ever been attempted here was formed last Saturday night.” Mr. Jones’ idea became reality on October 6, 1922, when the Macon County Building and Loan Association opened its office upstairs above the Bank of Franklin Building.
The association remained small for several years. Even during the real estate “bust” and the Great Depression of the early 1930’s, not a penny was lost on a loan. By 1963, assets had grown to $2.6 million. The original small office had become inadequate and a full time manager was needed. In 1964 the Association moved to a building at the corner of West Main and Maple Street. That same year they signed up for insurance of deposits provided by the Federal Savings and Loan Insurance Corporation. The rate of growth increased sharply thereafter.
In October of 1972, Macon Building and Loan Association changed its name to Macon Savings and Loan Association. Macon Savings continued to grow and as the bank approached its 60th year opened its first branch office in downtown Murphy in 1981.
In 1985, Franklin’s main branch moved into the new colonial-style building located in the heart of downtown Franklin. On June 25, 1988, during a severe electrical storm, the building was struck by lightning and completely destroyed. Although disaster had struck, Macon Savings never missed an hour of service. The drive-thru lanes were kept open and other operations were moved to the Maple Street location until reconstruction was completed a year later.
Macon Savings and Loan Association became Macon Savings Bank in 1989 and continued to enjoy record growth. Since 1993, now known as simply Macon Bank, nine more branches have been opened, including another in Franklin at Holly Springs Plaza, one in Highlands, Brevard, Sylva, Cashiers, Columbus, Saluda and two in Hendersonville.
In September 2014, Macon Bank converted to a stock form of organization. Entegra Financial Corp. became the new holding company of Macon Bank. With the sale of stock completed and capital raised, Macon Bank began to offer enhanced products and services to customers in the bank’s traditional “home” communities and to expand into new markets. The Board of Directors decided the move into new markets and in February 2015 realized they would be more successful if the bank’s name were changed to Entegra Bank. This change became effective October 1, 2015.
In 2014, the bank opened a Loan Production office in Greenville, SC. By the end of 2015, that office had become a full-service branch located at 501 Roper Mountain Road. The Greenville branch was soon followed by branches in Anderson and Chesnee, SC. In 2016, Entegra Bank acquired Oldtown Bank in Waynesville, NC which included a loan production office in Asheville, NC, and another loan production office was opened in Clemson, SC. In February 2017, Entegra Bank purchased two Stearns Bank branches in Jasper, GA. In March 2018, the bank completed the purchase of the Chattahoochee Bank of Georgia in Gainesville, GA, which included a commercial loan production office in Duluth, GA.
Entegra Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of Entegra Financial Corp, headquartered in Franklin, NC. The Company’s shares began trading on the NASDAQ Global Market on October 1, 2014 under the symbol “ENFC.” In December 2014, Entegra’s stock was added to the Russell Microcap Index and the ABA NASDAQ Community Bank Index.